Built with the compact and stylish flip design, the ZTE Z221 phone fits perfectly into your pocket. Equipped with social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace, this flip phone keeps you connected with your friends. The built-in digital camera of this AT&T cell phone lets you capture photos. Pair wireless headphones with the ZTE Z221 phone via the Bluetooth technology and enjoy the convenience of talking hands-free. Featuring a 500-entry phonebook, this flip phone lets you store all the important contacts. With text, picture, video and voice messaging options, this AT&T cell phone allows you to keep in touch with ease.
You’ll love the compact and stylish flip design of the AT&T Z221. Keep up with all your friends and family through AT&T Social Net, which gives you convenient access to all your favorite social networking sites, like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. Snap pictures with the VGA camera and then send them to your friends via picture messaging hand.
Add in great features like YPmobile, Mobile Email, and text messaging, and you’ll always be informed, in style, and in touch. And with AT&T’s GoPhone prepaid cell service, you can choose a prepaid plan that works best for you–monthly, daily, or by the minute.
Pay As You Go with GoPhone
With AT&T’s GoPhone pay-as-you-go service, you get all the benefits of wireless without the surprises–no long-term contracts, credit checks, or deposits. You can easily refill your minutes via prepaid cards or the Internet, or choose to prepay each month and roll over unused minutes.
You can choose from a variety of plans that suit your individual needs–including monthly and daily plans with unlimited talk and text messaging as well as a simple per-minute plan. And with Rollover Balance, you can carry over your unused account balance when you refill before your balance expires, up to the account maximum (learn more below).
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T’s HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Quick Access to social networking sites including AT&T Social Net, Facebook and more
- Internal 2-inch color display
- External monochrome screen for displaying current time, incoming calls, battery and signal strength, and more.
- VGA camera/camcorder
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP Bluetooth profiles–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live).
- Access to personal e-mail
- USB connectivity and charging
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, stopwatch, tip calculator, world time, and more.
- Hearing aid compatible (M3/T4)
The AT&T Z221 weighs 3.24 ounces and measures 3.76 x 1.92 x 0.73 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 200 hours (8+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T’s dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
What’s in the Box
AT&T Z221 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide.
AT&T GoPhone Service
AT&T’s pay-as-you-go GoPhone plans are wireless plans made easy, simply pay in advance for what you need. No long-term contracts, credit checks, or surprise bills–just all the benefits of wireless, with no complications. In addition, AT&T’s Rollover Balance feature lets you carry over your unused account balance when you purchase refill minutes before your balance expires.
Other great GoPhone features include no long distance or roaming fees across AT&T’s national service area, the ability to track usage via text messages with an updated balance after each call, and the ability to refill your minutes 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. You can also choose to add international long distance for calling to over 50 countries (including Mexico landlines and Canada) for just $10 for 250 minutes. And you can cancel any time without penalty.
GoPhone Plan Options
- $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan includes unlimited talk, text (both U.S. and internationally), and access to Internet data and web browsing (smartphone users must purchase a separate data package).
- $25 Monthly Plan includes 250 minutes of talk time, unlimited text messages, and international texting at 25¢ per message. Data and mobile web browsing is charged per use, or you can buy a package.
- $2 Unlimited Daily Talk & Text is a good plan for those who do not use their phone every day, and data packages can be added. It’s charged ONLY on days when the phone is used to make or receive a voice call (including a call to voice mailbox), use IM, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
- Per Minute enables you to make phone calls at just 10¢ a minute–perfect for those looking to use their phone very infrequently or for emergencies. You can also send texts at 20¢ per message (25¢ per international message), or choose a monthly package. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
Smartphone users can use any of these GoPhone plans, however, a smartphone require a data/web package to use data/web services. Pay-per-use data/web is not available on smartphone devices. Data packages for all GoPhone plan options (for mobile web access for e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and more) include the following:
- 500 MB for $25
- 100 MB for $15
- 10 MB for $5
Data packages are good for 30 days, as long as your account balance is not expired. Standard rates apply if feature package is not renewed after 30 days.
How to Refill Your Account
For your convenience 24/7, you can add money to your account in a variety of ways and in a variety of amounts.
- With Rollover Balance, if you refill your account before your balance expires, you keep your unused balance.
- Purchase a refill card at any AT&T store and over 200,000 other retail locations in the U.S. Most refill cards will let you dial *888* to refill using the PIN number on the card.
- Use a credit/debit card and visit att.com/mygophone to refill online. You can also set up Auto Refill and Text to Refill, which enables you to refill directly from your phone.
To check on your current balance, dial*777# and press SEND to receive a text massage indicating your account balance and expiration date.
AT&T GoPhone refill cards are available in these amounts:
- $15 (30-day expiration)
- $25 (90-day expiration)
- $50 (90-day expiration)
- $60 (90-day expiration)
- $100 (1-year expiration)
Affordable, compact 3G-enabled flip phone for easy voice and text communication
Pay for just the minutes you use with no annual contract–easy refill via Internet or prepaid cards
VGA camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; access to personal e-mail and instant messaging
Up to 3 hours of talk time, up to 200 hours (8+ days) of standby time; released in September, 2011
What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide.